Bell Big 5 MTB
As the main sponsor of the Bell Big 5 Mountain Bike Series in 2014, Bell Equipment is proud to announce a commitment to the 2016 event. The Bell Big 5 is an exciting five race challenge that takes riders through some of the most beautifully picturesque and rugged areas of rural Zululand, including farm lands, sand forest and indigenous bush, often including scenic single-track sections.
Our company has a strong association with mountain biking having launched the country's first sponsored ladies team in 2008. Since then we have continued to sponsor youth rider, Hayley Smith, who achieved her SA Colours in 2013.
Mountain biking has great synergy with our business because it is an outdoors, rugged and physically challenging sport. It has great family appeal, which ties in well with the Bell family ethos. The sport is also fast growing and a large number of our employees, customers and suppliers are mountain bikers so our sponsorship of the Bell Big 5 Series is a great way of connecting with our stakeholders and supporting our local community.
Come and join us at the Bell Big 5 Series 2016 rides:
- Race # 1 : Mtunzini Zini River Estates Buffalo MTB race - 22nd May (Sunday)
- Race # 2 : Empangeni Bolt Centre Leopard Chase - 12th June (Sunday)
- Race # 3 : Kwambonambi Build it Kwambo Lion MTB race - 10th July (Sunday)
- Race # 4 : Monzi Monzi Hippo MTB race 4th September (Sunday)
- Race # 5 : Hluhluwe Hluhluwe SuperSpar Rhino charge - 29th October (Saturday)
Each race is geared to accommodate all ages and fitness levels, featuring a 10km, 25km and 50km ride for all age groups.
Visit www.big5mtb.co.za for more information.